FIFA World Cup Draws LIVE – World Cup group stage draws: The World Cup Final draw has ended and we have exciting and mouth-watering fixtures to watch out for. Check out all the Group of Death and the full list of Group A to H as we gear up for the FIFA World Cup in November. Cristiano Ronaldo will face Luis Suarez and Manchester United teammate Edinson Cavani in Group H while Lionel Messi will face the wrath of Robert Lewandowski. The playoffs for the final three spots will take place in June. Follow InsideSport.IN for the latest FIFA World Cup updates.
FIFA World Cup Draws LIVE: The World Cup Final draw in full – Cristiano Ronaldo vs Suarez in Group H, Lionel Messi vs Lewandowski in Group C, Check Group of Death
The #FIFAWorldCup groups are set 🤩
— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) April 1, 2022
FIFA World Cup Draws LIVE: The World Cup Final draw in full
|GROUP A||GROUP B||GROUP C||GROUP D||GROUP E||GROUP F||GROUP G||GROUP H|
|Ecuador||Iran||Saudi Arabia||IC Playoff||IC Playoff 2||Canada||Serbia||Ghana|
|Netherlands||Euro Playoff||Poland||Tunisia||Japan||Croatia||Cameroon||Korea Republic|
FIFA World Cup Draws LIVE: Date, time and venue of the FIFA World Cup draw
FIFA announced that the draw will take place on Friday, April 1st at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Center (DECC). The draw ceremony will be attended by 2,000 special guests and, at the end of the event, the world’s best teams will be able to plot their route to the FIFA World Cup Final.
The final match of the event will take place at the 80,000-capacity Lusail Stadium on December 18th 2022. The tournament kicks off on Monday November 21st 2022 at the Al Bayt stadium in Al Khor with a match that will feature the host country.
World Cup Final – The final will be played at the Lusail Stadium in Doha a week before Christmas on Sunday December 18th 2022. Unlike at Euro 2020, there will be a third-place play-off game on December 17.
FIFA WORLD CUP 2022: KEY DATES
- Group stage draw: April 1
- Group stage: November 21 – December 2
- Last-16 – December 3-6
- Quarter-finals – December 9-10
- Semi-finals – December 13-14
- FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL – December 18
32 teams. 1 ball to make their dreams a reality ⚽
— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) March 30, 2022
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar: How many teams will play in the 2022 World Cup?
The 2022 men’s World Cup in Qatar will feature 32 teams before the field expands to 48 teams for the 2026 World Cup. The FIFA men’s World Cup has featured 32 teams for the last six editions since France 1998.
Thirty-one nations will earn the right to play alongside host Qatar through regional qualifying matches. It has been predetermined how many nations will qualify from each region:
- Africa (CAF): 5
- Asia (AFC): 4 (+ 1 playoff qualifier)
- Europe (UEFA): 13
- North/Central America & Caribbean (CONCACAF): 3 (+ 1 playoff qualifier)
- Oceania (OFC): 1 playoff qualifier
- South America (CONMEBOL): 4 (+ 1 playoff qualifier)
Next stop: #FinalDraw
— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) March 31, 2022
FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar: List of all teams qualified so far
- Host — Qatar
- UEFA — Belgium, France, England, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Croatia, Serbia, Portugal, Poland
- CONMEBOL — Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador
- AFC — Iran, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia
- CAF — Cameron, Ghana, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia
- CONCACAF — Canada, USA, Mexico
- OCEANIA — TBD
FIFA World Cup Draws LIVE – Qualified Teams FIFA WC: WHICH COUNTRIES ARE LEFT TO QUALIFY?
With 29 countries having already sealed their spot, that leaves 3 places left for countries to battle it out for.
- One of those will go to a European nation, with the war in Ukraine slowing down the play-off process for UEFA.
- While Poland and Portugal won their matches this week to seal their spot, Wales are waiting to see whether they’ll face Scotland or Ukraine for a spot in Qatar. That game is likely to go ahead in June and will complete the line-up.
- CONCACAF’s qualification process involves Canada, USA and Mexico who have booked their places for Qatar. They hold a three-point lead over Costa Rica in fourth who will play the inter-confederation playoff.
- Their game will be against the winner of the OFC Final, with the Solomon Islands set to face off against New Zealand in Doha on Wednesday to see who makes it to the final step of the qualification process.
- The winner of that match will head to Qatar, leaving us with one final spot not accounted for of the 32 teams.
Follow InsideSport.IN for the latest FIFA World Cup updates & Check Qualified Teams FIFA WC
FIFA World Cup Draws LIVE: The World Cup Final draw is set – Cristiano Ronaldo vs Suarez in Group H, Lionel Messi vs Lewandowski in Group C, Check Group of Death
– Advertisement –